This year we are recruiting two young people, between the ages of 16-25 to help plan and deliver the High Town Festival.
Two roles are available and will be tailored to applicants own interests and skills which can include:
- Event Management
- Digital Marketing & Film-making
- Music and the Arts
- Children & Young People
- Community Work
Upon hiring, volunteers will agree the exact scope of the role with the High Town Community Development Worker and the High Town Festival Organising Committee.
The roles are voluntary positions but come with an offer of 40 hours of payment at £10p/hr which can be used flexibly as part of the time.
The successful applicants will be based at Hope Church, Villa Road and report to the High Town Community Development Worker but be ultimately responsible to and part of the High Town Festival Organising Committee. The specifics of the role including the structure of the time, working hours, and paid time are flexible and therefore will be agreed by the applicant, High Town Community Development Worker and the High Town Festival Organising Committee after successful interview.
We are looking for applicants who:
- have energy and ideas
- show initiative, creativity and are self-motivated
- are methodical and organised, being able to plan to meet deadlines
- enjoy working as part of a team and the local community
- are keen to learn and develop new skills
Whilst helping organise a brilliant community event you’ll benefit from:
- Offer of paid time at £10 p/hr
- Tailored roles to suit your interests
- Bespoke workshops and training
- Licence to develop your own projects
- Working as part of a local community team
- Managing your own budget
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 19th October
INTERVIEWS: Week of 22nd October
Successful applicants should be eligible to begin the role in November 2018. The structure of the time commitment, shape of the role and paid time will be discussed after successful interview.
For more information please email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Related items: Equal opportunities Policy