This year we are recruiting up to eight young people, between the ages of 16-25 to help plan and deliver the High Town Festival. This year, the High Town Festival runs from 1-6pm on Saturday 4th July. At least one (more likely to be two) initial meeting(s) will need to take place prior to the event to plan involvement.
We are looking for young people who are interested in volunteering in the following areas:
- Stage Management
- Digital Marketing & Film-making
- Music and the Arts
While the role is voluntary there is financial support for travel expenses and it includes a £10 food token for the day. Any work produced, while legally ‘owned’ by the festival can form part of your portfolio and we will provide prompt references for all those involved as well as public display (via social media and website) of your work.
You will be joining a successful team of community workers, local council workers, various third sector organisations and businesses in delivering a hugely popular and successful community festival.
We are looking for applicants who:
- have energy and ideas
- show initiative, creativity and are self-motivated
- are methodical and organised, being able to plan to meet deadlines
- enjoy working as part of a team and the local community
- are keen to learn and develop new skills
Whilst helping organise a brilliant community event you’ll benefit from:
- A flexible role that can be adaptable to your timetable
- £10 lunch token
- Published (and publicised) work
- Experience of working on a real community project alongside others
- Meeting new people, making contacts in the community
- Licence to be creative and shape your role
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31st 2020
We will read application forms and may phone for a brief telephone interview. Successful applicants will expect to hear the same day as applying.
For more information please email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Related items: Equal opportunities Policy
If you’d like to volunteer or get involved in anyway in organising or playing a role in shaping and delivering the High Town Festival, please contact email@example.com